It’s been a minute.
Or, you know, months.
It’s been a blur of a summer. There’s been a lot of travel, a lot of work, and a lot of time chasing after Rho.
Some of the highlights – visiting Portland and my college best friend (who I hadn’t seen since Rho was a few weeks old), our family trip to London, creating a shared office in our home for me and my dad, an incredible 10 days in Southern California.
It was wonderful. But I’m ready for fall (and to not travel for a little while).
There’s a sense of a fresh start come September. Maybe it’s the new school supplies (and now Halloween costumes) lining the aisles of stores. The weather about to turn.
The promise of something new.
For me, that new includes launching a podcast next month, ramping up fundraising efforts for Rho Pharma, and re-establishing a regular posting routine here and on Instagram.
It also involves sticking with some of the hobbies I’ve been enjoying over the summer – reading voraciously, crocheting, and learning Hindi.
It’s going to be a full fall. Lived to the fullest.
- I have a love-hate relationship with the New York Times. One series I hate-read is My Workout, which covers the self-care rituals of busy men. The lack of credit they give to their wives or partners – like, zero – is infuriating. Amy Nelson is far more eloquent in her critique of this feature than I could be. Read it. And then read it again.
- Inspired by Jen’s discovery of her quiet place, I’m hunting for my own in my home.
- Been loving these new beauty favorites – the eye cream and lip serum from Naturally Serious, the AHA and ginseng creams from Origins, and Sunday Riley’s UFO oil. And this tool, for boosting their efficacy. Full reviews are coming soon…
- What can history teach us about what’s going on right now? Mary Beard has a few ideas.
- Brutal honesty – my life has been of a mess lately. Reading Grace’s post helped me feel less alone, as did the incredible conversation in the comments.
- I’m feeling emerald and burgundy for fall. I’ve purchased this work bag and dress/trench in green, and wide-legged trousers and a matching t-shirt in the deep red. I’ve also had a lot of fun shopping for Rho – he’s got a new backpack, this dinosaur hoodie/sweatpants set (and matching sneakers), and this water bottle (the baby version of mine) for the school year. And, of course, a new Eagles jersey.
In case you missed them…
- My go-to summer cocktail.
- This outfit looks so polished – but is even more comfortable.
- This was one of my favorite books all year.
- I credit this planner with keeping me organized, mindful, and all-around sane.
- You won’t want to stop eating this eggplant parm. Trust.
- I wore this all summer.
- Planning a move? This woman has done two in two years (with a growing business and two kids!), and has some killer advice on how to manage it.
- Fall may be coming, but I’ll be wearing these sunscreens all year long. This is the first of more beauty Quick Hits, which I’m excited to share with you.
- Whether I’m at home or traveling, you’ll find me in these Old Navy basics.
- You’ll see me wearing this all fall. And I’m not sorry.
- As co-founder and CPO of She’s The First, Christen Brandt spends a lot of time in the field. Here’s how she packs and travels.
Be sure to support her campaign to help 10 girls travel – for the first time! All donations from here on out will be matched, so please give whatever you can.
- Want to be an entrepreneur? Read this book first.