Itâ€™s been a minute.
Or, you know, months.
Itâ€™s been a blur of a summer. Thereâ€™s been a lot of travel, a lot of work, and a lot of time chasing after Rho.
Some of the highlights – visiting Portland and my college best friend (who I hadn’t seen since Rho was a few weeks old), our family trip to London, creating a shared office in our home for me and my dad, an incredible 10 days in Southern California.
It was wonderful. But Iâ€™m ready for fall (and to not travel for a little while).
Thereâ€™s a sense of a fresh start come September. Maybe itâ€™s the new school supplies (and now Halloween costumes) lining the aisles of stores. The weather about to turn.
The promise of something new.
For me, that new includes launching a podcast next month, ramping up fundraising efforts for Rho Pharma, and re-establishing a regular posting routine here and on Instagram.
It also involves sticking with some of the hobbies Iâ€™ve been enjoying over the summer – reading voraciously, crocheting, and learning Hindi.
Itâ€™s going to be a full fall. Lived to the fullest.
- I have a love-hate relationship with the New York Times. One series I hate-read is My Workout, which covers the self-care rituals of busy men. The lack of credit they give to their wives or partners – like, zero – is infuriating. Amy Nelson is far more eloquent in her critique of this feature than I could be. Read it. And then read it again.
- Inspired by Jenâ€™s discovery of her quiet place, Iâ€™m hunting for my own in my home.
- Been loving these new beauty favorites – the eye cream and lip serum from Naturally Serious, the AHA and ginseng creams from Origins, and Sunday Rileyâ€™s UFO oil. And this tool, for boosting their efficacy. Full reviews are coming soon…
- What can history teach us about whatâ€™s going on right now? Mary Beard has a few ideas.
- Brutal honesty – my life has been of a mess lately. Reading Graceâ€™s post helped me feel less alone, as did the incredible conversation in the comments.
- Iâ€™m feeling emerald and burgundy for fall. Iâ€™ve purchased this work bag and dress/trench in green, and wide-legged trousers and a matching t-shirt in the deep red. Iâ€™ve also had a lot of fun shopping for Rho – heâ€™s got a new backpack, this dinosaur hoodie/sweatpants set (and matching sneakers), and this water bottle (the baby version of mine) for the school year. And, of course, a new Eagles jersey.
In case you missed them…
- My go-to summer cocktail.
- This outfit looks so polished – but is even more comfortable.
- This was one of my favorite books all year.
- I credit this planner with keeping me organized, mindful, and all-around sane.
- You wonâ€™t want to stop eating this eggplant parm. Trust.
- I wore this all summer.
- Planning a move? This woman has done two in two years (with a growing business and two kids!), and has some killer advice on how to manage it.
- Fall may be coming, but Iâ€™ll be wearing these sunscreens all year long. This is the first of more beauty Quick Hits, which Iâ€™m excited to share with you.
- Whether Iâ€™m at home or traveling, youâ€™ll find me in these Old Navy basics.
- Youâ€™ll see me wearing this all fall. And Iâ€™m not sorry.
- As co-founder and CPO of She’s The First, Christen Brandt spends a lot of time in the field. Here’s how she packs and travels.
Be sure to support her campaign to help 10 girls travel – for the first time! All donations from here on out will be matched, so please give whatever you can.
- Want to be an entrepreneur? Read this book first.