I love a simple breakfast.
I really love a breakfast that I can eat over the course of a week.
And if said breakfast also happens to be healthy and satisfying, well that’s just winning.
I prefer a savory meal to start the day, but there are weeks when I’m running out first thing and don’t have time to whip up oatmeal or cook some eggs.
Enter these kimchi eggs cups. I’ll whip a batch on Sunday, and have a protein-rich breakfast ready to eat every day throughout the week.
I prefer them with kimchi – I love the spicy flavor and the added probiotics in my diet. You can easily replace them with salsa, pesto, chopped vegetables, or even black beans and quinoa.
If I’m feeling indulgent, I’ll add some shredded sharp cheddar or a dollop of goat cheese in each cup. And I’m almost always feeling indulgent.
I’ve yet to implement a regular meal prep routine, but you’ll find me making certain meals on certain days – these burgers on Friday evenings, muffins on Saturday with Rho, and these egg cups on Sunday.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a muffin tin and line with aluminum or silicone cups
- Whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and cayenne until frothy
- Stir kimchi and spinach into the egg mixture. Fill each muffin cup 1/2 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm and a toothpick is clean.