Note to self – do NOT schedule a photo shoot in your apartment 8 days after you moved. You will go nuts.
That sums up yesterday, as I ran around my home office like a Tasmanian devil trying to get it cleaned up (note – don’t try to open the closet doors). The shoot was for an upcoming feature on Career Contessa, which I can’t wait to share with you.
Other highlights of the week? We had a perfect Sunday with Olivia and her fiancé, spending the afternoon at the AMNH and Central Park. I got to catch up with Ashlina over cava and oysters. A special shout-out goes to Carolyn and her brother helping me assemble my couch (thank you guys!). It will certainly come in handy when Julia comes over for dinner tonght – having a spot to sit is important and all. We’re heading to Fort Lauderdale this weekend, which I’m pumped for. I need to defend my karaoke champion title at my husband’s firm’s annual party. Poll question – which song do I go with? Leave a comment below with your go-to karaoke jam.
Per the usual, here are my favorites from the interwebs this week:
What’s new with you this week? How have you been enjoying the spectacular weather we’ve been having? Let me know!
April has been our busiest month to date. We’re still unpacking from the move, and most of our weekends have been spent traveling. It’s also been busier than usual for us on the work front.
All in all – I can’t wait for May to arrive.
Topping the list for my favorite things this month is Handybook. It’s an amazing service that pairs you with excellent housekeepers and handymen. Trust – without Handybook, I would have gone absolutely insane (and probably would have injured myself). Having a proper home office means upgrading my office supplies. I love this notepad from Garance Doré’s collection with Rifle Paper Co, and I’m adding turquoise Le Pens to my pencil cup. The weather has FINALLY started to warm up, and I’ve finally been able to wear this jumpsuit and these overalls with just a light jacket and a nice pair of flats. On heavy rotation is my new reversible tote from Sole Society – it’s lightweight, can hold my usual load of items, and I love switching from the stripes to the solid navy depending on my mood. I’m in dire need to eat healthier, and have been cooking from Gwyneth’s It’s All Good book frequently. The Lady Business Radio podcast kept me company as I unpacked box after box – Jessica is HILARIOUS and one of the best interviewers I’ve come across. She’s also lovely to follow on Twitter. I’ve finally kicked my Pellegrino habit with a more frequent use of my Sodastream (best. invention. ever). Last but not least, this BaubleBar necklace is a simple stunner that I can’t stop wearing. Can’t-stop-won’t-stop wearing it.
I know I’ve been all “move! furniture! decorating!” here and on social media as of late – and I apologize. I promise things will return back to normal in the next week or so, and I can’t wait to show the decorated rooms with you!
Moving with your husband is a lot like getting married – no one warns you how HARD it’s going to be.
After a little blood, a LOT of sweat, and more tears than I’d like to acknowledge, we’re in the new apartment. It’s still overflowing with our belongings and some boxes, but I can’t wait for us to be settled. I posted a few shots of our new view on Instagram, if you want a peek!
- Between helping me unpack and kicking technology sales ass, Olivia wrote this gem of work bag essentials. Note to self – throw a nail file and nail polish remover wipe in my bag.
- I shed a few tears after watching this video. Grab a tissue before clicking play.
- It’s no secret that Felicia is one of my favorite writers. This post is just another reason why.
- These fashion innovations are so perfect for travel.
- I’m in dire need to get my eating back on track. This article (and the app!) have been a major help so far.
- I’m sure you’ve heard from other blogs that the Shopbop sale is back. Forget shoes and clothes – the sale is a great chance to snap up some amazing travel accessories that I swear by. My picks – the Spacepak set and Hudson+Bleecker makeup bag and garment bag. Full disclosure – these are affiliate links, but the cashola generated from this blog helps me keep lights on and improve the website.
I’m afraid this will be it for me this week! Back to unpacking…