Hello from beautiful Colorado!
I’m here on a press trip, celebrating the launch of the Half Baked Harvest cookbook. We’ve been hiking, exploring the mountains, and eating.
So much eating. See for yourself on my Stories.
I went to high school just outside of Boulder, so it’s been a bit of a homecoming. So much happened here – I learned to drive, got involved with politics for the first time, and constantly pushed myself out of my comfort zone.
A lot happened here. It’s been nice to be back.
I spent the earlier part of the week mostly at home, as Rho had a fever. We watched Boss Baby (more times than I can actually count), played with Magna Tiles, and he even sat through a few pages of this Star Wars book (which I proceeded to finish as he napped).
I’m flying home tomorrow evening and jumping straight into preschool drop-offs, meetings, and attempting to get dinner on the table at a decent hour every night.
We’ll see how successful I am on that last one.
- Please, please, please give what you can to hurricane relief efforts in Mexico and the Carribean. Here are some lesser-known organizations that are already on the ground and working
- Sloane Stephens is my new favorite athlete. Here’s why.
- I’ll be following Meghan’s tips for resetting after a trip. And following a few of my own, as well.
- This backpack has been a lifesaver during this trip. Thank you Dagne Dover!
- A fascinating read on the rise of Goop. I have so many feelings about this business – I LOVE their skincare line, am horrified by their lack of science in their wellness articles, and am downright fascinated by Gwyneth. This article summed it all up nicely.
- Are you subscribed to Girls’ Night In? Curling up with a (hot) cup of coffee and reading the e-mail is one of my favorite Friday traditions. If you’re new to the club, I suggest checking out the interviews with Lily Herman, Brit Bennett, and Ann Shoket first. Sign up here!
- Some random things that are making my mornings better – funny affirmation cards, a meditation crystal (I also love this set), and a new giant water bottle. It’s the little things…
In case you missed it…
- The dinner I make when I’m craving Chinese food. Which is often…
- Putting my biochem degree to good use with this post.
- This outfit is starting to replace my usual jeans/t-shirt/jacket
- Cuyana’s new leather weekender is perfect. Here’s #HowToPack it.
- Why I can’t stop re-reading this book.
Today’s plan is horseback riding, hiking, and lots of eating. Follow along on Instagram, if you’d like to see!