Hello hello! We’re flying from Kuala Lumpur (and the wedding of the YEAR – congratulations to Usha and Sam) to Seoul. A few lessons learned from our vacation:
- Cellphones should not be left unattended ANYWHERE – especially when one is drinking gin and dancing like a crazy person at a wedding reception. RIP iPhone.
- There is such a thing as too much vacation. I think 10 days is our maximum.
- Malaysian food courts are the country’s best kept secret. The grittier, the better.
- Avoid “traditional treatments” at Malay massage parlors – unless you’re into “happy endings”. Also, they’re only for men. Sexist, no?
- I desperately need to get back in the gym.
- My husband is the absolute best travel (and life) partner. Ever.
- Off topic, but don’t forget to enter my Hudson+Bleecker giveaway!
I’m quite excited to return home, though I’m sure I’ll be missing the heat and deliciously spicy food of Asia soon enough. And with that, I’m sharing a few of my favorite pictures from our vacation.
Even though it doesn’t feel much like the holidays in the Malaysian heat and humidity, it’s definitely that time of the year here on the blog.
And I’m feeling particularly generous.
Today kicks off THREE weeks of giveaways of my favorite travel products. I never leave home without these babies, and I’m thrilled to be sharing them with you as well.
First up – the ultimate garment and shoe bags, by Hudson+Bleecker.
LOVE is an understatement on how I feel about these products. They’re equally roomy (I can fit 3 pairs of shoes inside a single shoe bag, and a week’s worth of business outfits in the garment bag) and stylish. Packing winners, in my book.
Hudson+Bleecker is generously gifting one lucky reader their choice of garment bag and shoe bag. All you have to do is enter using the widget below. Note – if you’re following me and H+B already on Twitter and Facebook, it still counts as an entry – just confirm it!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you can’t wait for the giveaway, you can snag your own Hudson+Bleecker products on their own website or Shopbop. Good luck!
You guys – I never want to leave Bali. No words (or pictures, as much as I may try) do justice to this truly incredible island. After a trying time in Beijing (more on that later), our experience here has been idyllic – warm people, incredible culture, and the food is phenomenal. We left paradise for Kuala Lumpur yesterday for Usha and Sam’s wedding festivities, and I cannot WAIT to celebrate the love and marriage of such great friends. For pictures and updates, be sure to follow me on Instagram - you won’t be disappointed.
Highlights from this week – vacation, vacation, and more vacation. I don’t want to come home. Downside – AirAsia (more to come on that front).
In the few moments I wasn’t lazing about, here are some of my favorite reads from the week:
- *MUST READ* Why you shouldn’t take antibiotics unless you absolutely have to.
- I kept it pretty simple this Black Friday – I snagged a 15-class pack at Doonya (Bollywood-esque Zumba – it’s as amazing as it sounds) and a new coffee table. What did you purchase?
- In the insanely crowded gift guide blog posts, Victoria curated an immaculate selection. I bookmarked most of the items for myself!
- An interesting perspective on leaving New York. Given that I didn’t move here until I was 26 and married, my NYC life is a LOT different. And I don’t see myself leaving this city anytime soon.
- I highly recommend you make these for the holiday season.
- NASA is on Instagram. Follow them immediately.
- In case you missed it – I wrapped up my Italy Travel Diary with a recap of our apartment rental and cooking class.
It’s our last full week on vacation, and my husband and I are starting to ease into a little bit of work (an hour or two of e-mails a day, etc). We each confessed how much we missed work (not TOO much, but just a bit) over breakfast today. We are a strange couple, and in that respect absolutely perfect for each other.