This week was one of gratitude.
It was also a week of controlled chaos, of working when everyone is in bed, of family time, of letting little messes go and just living in the moment, and of eating too much candy during marathon writing sessions.
It’s a week I’m grateful for.
There was a night at the ballet (Jewels, performed by NYCB). There were lots of Magna Tiles towers and puzzles with Rho. Most evenings were spent sitting around the kitchen table, just talking.
On deck for us this weekend – a family outing for a Heymama event, a wedding this evening, and a somewhat lazy Sunday.
- Men, you’ve just been womansplained. And all your points are, frankly, moot.
- Grace is doing serious damage to my wallet – her clothing recommendations are just so good. Eileen Fisher? Yes. A new-to-me designer? Absolutely. Amazon Fashion picks? Take my money.
- It’s a good week for book releases. Touchstone sent me a copy of Whiskey In A Teacup, which was a delight. My preorders of Together and Cravings: Hungry For More arrived, and I read Time’s Convert every chance I got. And I picked up Doris Kearns Goodwin’s latest book after listening to her interview on this podcast.
- Loved these two articles published on The M Dash – an interview with my incredible friend Nathalie (my review of her book here!) and 5 MM employees’ daily rituals.
- Abra’s weekly edits are always a must read, but this week’s was especially good.
- Things I keep thinking about buying – these shoes in black, a fuzzy pullover for chilly mornings, these shelves for my bathroom cabinets, and this concealer.
- We used to order this once a week. Now, I whip it up at home.
- These two practices helped fuel a sales executive’s success at Cisco.
- The prettiest eyeshadow palette ever – and the easiest to apply.
- Traveling in carry-ons – with a toddler? This is how we do it.
- A timely novel – and a necessary one – that you should absolutely pick up.