This was far from an exciting week. And still, it was exciting.
It was all about potty training Rho. And it was worth it.
I had to put my life on hold, which meant missing out the 5 year anniversary party forÂ BURUÂ and rescheduling three days worth of calls and meetings. But I did make it to Keren’s birthday, 2 doctor’s appointments, and slept soundly every night this week.
This weekend? Besides sitting in the bathroom with Rho, it involves finishingÂ this book.
And it involves sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep.
- My parents are naturalized citizens, so this is especially terrifying.
- For something so common, postpartum depression (and mental health in general) is something we donâ€™t talk about at all. Julia bravely shared her experience, and was kind enough to link my story as well. LETâ€™S TALK ABOUT IT.
- My friend Morgan just relaunched BURU, and the new website is incredible! Iâ€™m lusting after her entire fall collection. Some standout favorites – this top and skirt, this sweatshirt and matching pants, my favorite lounge set in black, and a wear-it-three-ways shirtdress.
- My friend Nisha just launched The Goods – super smart reporting on consumer culture from one of my favorite websites. I recommend checking out these pieces first: the new Miss America pageant, the journey of Pedialyte, and why we buy the things we buy.
- Since working fathers seem to have this problem, itâ€™s very refreshing when a working mother gives us a peek at the team that keeps her business and home running smoothly. Thank you for your honesty and wonderful tips, Caroline!
- I love an on-trend bag as much as the next girl, but the designer price? Not so much. Iâ€™m loving this alternative to Staudâ€™s clear bag, and I bought this pearl beauty and net bucket bag for a STEAL.
Posts from this week
- The snack youâ€™ll find in every single bag I own
- What does a nonprofit board member do? I share my experience with Sundara
- This tool will completely transform your skincare game.
- Planning to visit Stockholm? Youâ€™ll want to after reading this.
- A brain candy book at its best – and with a twist you wonâ€™t see coming.