I missed you, for sure.
I wish I had exciting updates to report. But aside from our Stockholm trip (a last minute adventure thanks to my husband’s work), things have just been all consuming on all fronts.
If it didn’t have to do with Rho (the human or the company), it fell to the wayside. And while things have settled a bit for both Rhos, I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Anyone else? Just me?
In an effort to help me recharge, I declined all my evening events this week and made it a point to go to yoga every day, to cook dinner with my dad every evening, to put Rho to bed every night, and to crochet while watching 45 minutes of one of my shows (Supergirl, Killing Eve, Sweetbitter) once everyone has gone to sleep.
It was bliss. I feel like I’m ahead on the work front, fully connected to my family, and feeling like myself again. It’s something I won’t take for granted again, especially as we grieve Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain.
This weekend, I’m out east in Montauk for my dear friend’s bachelorette. I’m excited for a little beach time, catching up with my girlfriends, and rosé sil vous plait.
- This is such incredible news. Not only does it change first line therapy for a subset of breast cancer patients (which is rare these days), this trial was one of the first long-term, women-only trials in American healthcare.
- I was sorely tempted to buy everything Grace is wearing in this post. But I (thankfully) limited myself to the white blazer…and its red twin.
- I’m in Montauk this weekend for a bachelorette weekend. In my weekender bag – this sun hat, this skort/dress, this strapless one-piece, stain-resistant white jeans, and my new favorite top.
- I’ve been thinking a lot about Times Up, politics, and Bill Clinton. Treating women like dirt is not a partisan issue, and Democrats should not lambast Trump without holding Bill Clinton to the same level. This article is a much more eloquent representation of all the thoughts swimming in my head.
- Felicia relaunched her blog, and I for one am thrilled. Whip up her matcha waffles, add these books to your reading list, and follow her advice.
- New skincare products that I’m loving right now – this blackhead cleansing stick, Eve Lom’s new facial mist (I spritz my face with it before applying my sunscreen primer), this SPF eye cream, and the lactic acid serum that I apply every other night. If you’re on the hunt for a new body sunscreen, this one is my favorite.
In case you missed it…
Even before my Stockholm trip, it’s been one of my go-to meals
How I gave my to-do list a makeover
I’ll be wearing this set all summer
Going to San Francisco? Read this first.
One of my favorite novels this year. Trust.
Take care of yourself, call a loved one, and have a wonderful weekend.
photo by Jonny Clow