Things have never been busier – with work and at home. Sleep and cooking for myself have taken a backseat.
But I’m happy. And that’s all that matters.
This week was the usual mix of work, meetings, and running around the city. I grabbed lunch with my agent (Hillstone’s, naturally), had meetings with Hudson+Bleecker and Pivotte, and had the happy surprise of working next to Meghan at The Wing on Tuesday. We have family in town this weekend, and Rho and I have a few birthday parties to hit up.
But enough about me. Let’s get on with the links.
- I’m admittedly sucked into the royal wedding furor, and this feature on Britain’s first black viscountess was fascinating. Her blog and Instagram are worth a follow. Credit goes to Victoria for sharing this article in the first place!
- Are you reading The Moment? It’s one of my favorite sites, and I love how it’s redefining clean beauty and lifestyle. It also introduced me to Guru Jagat, whose energizing kundalini sequence is a solid part of my morning routine. A class at the Ra Ma Institute is definitely on my to-try list this month.
- Things that are well worth the hype – Rothy’s flats (holy comfortable), Summer Friday’s Jet Lag mask (holy hydrating), and Higher Dose’s infrared sauna blanket (holy detoxification). I’ve been wearing and using all three almost daily this week.
- “Love takes hard work. And to delude ourselves into thinking otherwise is extremely detrimental because then the moment it inevitably does get hard, we disengage.” This article about love in America is such a beautiful, important read.
- I’ve so often felt like Jen in various work situations – in the pharma world, among other content creators, and at events like Summit.
- Some gifts for the mothers and mother figures in your life – this curated box that merges self-care and activism, this super soft t-shirt, a simple necklace she’ll never take off, a serum that will transform her skin, and a gorgeous pair of pajamas. The one thing I’m getting all of them? Donations of newborn baby kits in their names.
In case you missed it…
- A healthy, velvety soup
- My 10 favorite things right now
- This dress has the best return on investment
- How a beauty entrepreneur packs and travels
- I’m calling it – this is one of my favorite books I read this year
- I shared how I work with brands in this article.
- Mom and I had a little feature in Popsugar!