Things have never been busier – with work and at home. Sleep and cooking for myself have taken a backseat.
But Iâ€™m happy. And thatâ€™s all that matters.
This week was the usual mix of work, meetings, and running around the city. I grabbed lunch with my agent (Hillstoneâ€™s, naturally), had meetings with Hudson+Bleecker and Pivotte, and had the happy surprise of working next to Meghan at The Wing on Tuesday. We have family in town this weekend, and Rho and I have a few birthday parties to hit up.
But enough about me. Letâ€™s get on with the links.
- Iâ€™m admittedly sucked into the royal wedding furor, and this feature on Britainâ€™s first black viscountess was fascinating. Her blog and Instagram are worth a follow.Â Credit goes to Victoria for sharing this article in the first place!
- Are you reading The Moment? Itâ€™s one of my favorite sites, and I love how itâ€™s redefining clean beauty and lifestyle. It also introduced me to Guru Jagat, whose energizing kundalini sequence is a solid part of my morning routine. A class at the Ra Ma Institute is definitely on my to-try list this month.
- Things that are well worth the hype – Rothyâ€™s flats (holy comfortable), Summer Fridayâ€™s Jet Lag mask (holy hydrating), and Higher Doseâ€™s infrared sauna blanket (holy detoxification). Iâ€™ve been wearing and using all three almost daily this week.
- “Love takes hard work. And to delude ourselves into thinking otherwise is extremely detrimental because then the moment it inevitably does get hard, we disengage.â€Â This article about love in America is such a beautiful, important read.
- Iâ€™ve so often felt like Jen in various work situations – in the pharma world, among other content creators, and at events like Summit.
- Some gifts for the mothers and mother figures in your life – this curated box that merges self-care and activism, this super soft t-shirt, a simple necklace sheâ€™ll never take off, a serum that will transform her skin, and a gorgeous pair of pajamas. The one thing I’m getting all of them? Donations of newborn baby kits in their names.
In case you missed itâ€¦
- A healthy, velvety soup
- My 10 favorite things right now
- This dress has the best return on investment
- How a beauty entrepreneur packs and travels
- Iâ€™m calling it – this is one of my favorite books I read this year
- I shared how I work with brands in this article.
- Mom and I had a little feature in Popsugar!