This week was uneventful. This weekend is anything but.
A bad cold rendered me useless for most of the week. I managed to make it to a Rumble class, hosted by Peter Thomas Roth for the launch of their new serum.
And then I spent the rest of the week curled up on my couch, tissue boxes and water next to me, and binge watching The Good Fight.
There are worse ways one could spend a week.
Iâ€™m in Tulum right now for Summit – a weekend filled with connection, reflection, and mindfulness. Thereâ€™s been yoga, meditation, meeting some incredible people.
And the food. Delicious food.
As much as I miss my family, Iâ€™m truly enjoying these few days to rest and just be. Itâ€™s a luxury, for sure.
But one Iâ€™m fully enjoying.
- Rachel is one of the smartest women I know. I read, bookmarked, and re-read nearly every article she curated for the Sunday Long Read. Highly recommend you make a large cup of coffee and spend an hour reading these.
- Merritt was so brave to share her story on losing her father. Grief is hard to overcome, and even harder to open up about. Her story brought tears to my eyes.
- On my flight yesterday, my seat neighbor was wearing this amazing sweatshirt. I tracked it down and bought it immediately.
- I really enjoyed this thoughtful review of Amy Schumerâ€™s new film, I Feel Pretty. Enough to go see it myself and make my own opinion.
- I save Jenâ€™s posts for a quiet lull in my morning – right after Rho leaves for school and before I get ready. I make a cup of tea, pull up her blog, and savor every word and sip. Her post from Thursday was one of her finest – thoughtful, timely, and vulnerable, and her secret single behavior one was a delight to read.
- Here’s a peek inside my suitcase – this linen skit/top set, a tunic, so much sunscreen, and a new bag for the occasion.
In case you missed themâ€¦
- Jazz up rice with just a handful of ingredients.
- Do you know what a doula does?
- I canâ€™t get enough of this dress. Now if only the weather would cooperate…
- What I packed for San Francisco last week.
- Want to change your career – and your life? Check out this book.
Have a wonderful weekend!