Here we coooooooooooooooome!
That was me on Monday. By Thursday afternoon, I was back in New York.
I’d be lying if I said I hated traveling without my family. I love these quick trips, even though they’re often packed to the brim. Having only myself to take care of feels indulgent, and I definitely savored it in my free moments in the Bay Area.
But I was there to work, and work I did. I met with some prospective investors, attended the launch of Heymama’s San Francisco chapter, caught up with friends, and met with some of my favorite brands (Everlane, Birdies, and Maika).
But I’m happy to be back home, and to have spent yesterday playing catch up in my sweats. Today I’m taking Rho to the Village for an(other) event with Heymama and Michele Watches, and I’ll be spending the rest of the weekend in full-on sloth mode.
- Sorry-not-sorry that I’m obsessed with Amal Clooney, and devoured every word of this article.
- Jess and Meg wrote beautifully about the business of blogging, and how they each approach it. I have so much respect for these women and the content they create. Highly recommend you give them a read, and to follow both Jess and Meg on Instagram.
- On my wish list – Cuyana’s belt bag (you know how much I love a fanny pack), Everlane’s new undergarments (insanely soft), TULA’s new gel cream, and the chicest slippers I’ve ever seen.
- Tuesday was Equal Pay Day (aka the day that white men, on average, begin work to earn the same annual income as a white woman did from January 1st). That data point is bad enough, but it’s even more horrifying for black and Latinx women. Income is just one part of this problem, as clearly outlined in this article.
- This primer on functional medicine is worth a read. Currently on the hunt for one New York…any recommendations?
- My acupressure mat, energy gummies, infrared sauna blanket (I slipped into these before wrapping myself in it), and this water tumbler (refilled about 10 times) were my jetlag saviors.
In case you missed them…
- If you’re not braising your vegetables, you’re missing out.
- How impact investor Eva Yazhari starts and ends her days.
- I’m obsessed with every product in this makeup collection.
- Want to learn about Ayurveda? Start with this book.
My #readwithhitha newsletter is going out tomorrow morning! Be sure to sign up below.