I’ve come to except that every week till the rest of the year is going be like this one.
They’ll be frantic, fun, stressful, and fulfilling. And I may never get everything on my to-do list done.
I’m back to having all my events and meetings limited to one day, and Wednesday was that day this week.
It was an overall fun day – finally getting my hair colored, enjoying afternoon tea at Janam Tea, and attending a few events. I lusted over St. Frank pillows and fabrics for my home, got a crash course in mushrooms’ magic in Origins’ new line, and managed to go to bed before midnight.
The rest of my week wasn’t quite as exciting (mostly Rho Pharma work, and lining up some incredible gifts for the Sundara fundraiser raffle).
But I’m feeling very accomplished this Saturday, and am spending plenty of time away from my computer and phone in an effort to recharge.
I’m also celebrating my dear friend Kim’s wedding. You can find me on the dance floor, with champagne in my hand and cutting a rug.
If you live in New York (or close by!), I would love for you to join me at the Sundara fundraiser on November 9th at the Gilded Lily. Purchase tickets here, and come hang out with me to support a cause I’m deeply passionate about.
- I’ve been following Ree Drummond for…forever? And while I’m not here for Wing-gate, I do love how she’s so invested (literally) in her town of Pawhuska.
- For every time we say #metoo, we must also call out #himthough.
- This is the best thing I’ve purchased lately.
- November’s Vogue is one to pick up. I originally bought it for the Daisy Ridley feature, but Anna’s editor letter and this profile were my favorite pieces from the magazine.
- Joanna’s journey to home ownership has me feeling all the feels. Please go vote for her in the Domino Design Blog Awards (because who else shows what her home actually looks like?)
- Thorn was one of my favorite books I read last year. Intisar wove a world with magic, collusion, and a fierce protagonist. I’m thrilled for her deal with HarperTeen, who will republish Thorn and a new companion novel.
In case you missed these…
- This is my ultimate comfort food.
- Give your body’s skin a boost with a trip to Rite-Aid and Ayurveda.
- Wearing this on repeat.
- How Stylebook’s founder uses her app to pack.
- No surprise here – I loved this book.
I’m also thrilled to have been featured again by Career Contessa (see my first feature here). I talk candidly on how I overcome mom guilt, what my mornings look like, and how my career has changed over the years.
Have a wonderful weekend!