I’m not an early adopter on a lot of things – technology (was I the last person to get an iPhone?), beauty trends (I only adopted liquid liner last year), and the latest it-foods (kale, my gravest apologies).
But I’ve been a proud subscriber to The Skimm since last summer, shortly after it launched. Â And while you’ve probably seen it touted on your favorite blogs, I’m here to tell you that you had best sign up for this newsletter:
- Founders Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg are legit news hounds – both were producers at NBC News before starting The Skimm.
- The newsletter only takes a few minutes to read. Â I read it in bed, on my iPhone’s tiny screen a mere two inches from my legally blind eyes.
- By reading The Skimm, I harbor less guilt on days I don’t get around to reading the Wall Street Journal. Â Or I just “skimm” the front section for new news, and read the Marketplace section.
- I know what the hell I’m talking about when conversations veer to the “what the hell is wrong with the world” territory.
- You should also read their blog – a funny, honest, and empathetic chronicle on how damnÂ hard it is to launch your own business. Â I feel your pain, ladies.
Think of reading The Skimm as taking your vitamins every day. Â The gummy, tasty kind, of course. Â So sign up now.