Words can’t explain how much I love this holiday. It has everything I want and need – family, food, and football. Throw in an Eagles-Cowboys matchup and copious amounts of pumpkin pie, and you have a very happy Hitha.
That is, if the Eagles win.
- My friend Carrie rose to Internet fame recently of her live-tweeting of a horrific Tinder date.Â What it has to do with UberGate is EVERYTHING.
- Spaghetti squash pad thai – get in my belly.
- I’ve been an avid follower of Brittany Maynard‘s story since it hit the news cycle. This column sums up exactly how I feel about both Maynard’s untimely passing, its effects in the media,Â and death with dignity laws overall.
- Leo Babauta’s GSD feature is filled with all kinds of epic productivity advice. Get shit done, indeed.
- It’s official – Norway has the coolest passports.
- A Thanksgiving etiquette guide for modern times.
Last but not least – a fewÂ Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales worth bookmarking:
- 30% off + free shipping at Hudson+Bleecker using code ‘THANKS’
- 20% off atÂ BaubleBarÂ with code CYBER20.
- 20% off everything at OTTE, no code needed. Excludes Isabel Marant, Acne, Rag & Bone.
- 20% off + free shipping at Loren Hope using code ‘THANKFULLY’
- Up to 25% off at Shopbop with the code GOBIG14.
- 40% off at Old Navy with the code CYBER.
- 30% off at Sole SocietyÂ – no code needed.
- 20% off at Alanna Bess jewelry. It’s a steal, for sure.
- Up to 60% off at Tumi’s sale selection. Um, score.
- 20% off the sale items at Encircled with code CYBERMON.
You can check out all my Black Friday/Cyber Monday selections on here. And that ends my Thanksgiving salesÂ coverage.
And while I know this is a fantastic time for shopping, I do want to direct your attention to the Ferguson Public Library, which remains open during the unrest in the city. Any place that stays open during turmoil to provide a haven for education and peace is one worth supporting, and I hope you join me in donating as much as you can to help them keep their doors open (and a h/t to Felicia for posting this originally).
Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day and a long weekend.