These past two weeks. Damn.
I havenâ€™t been able to read, think, and talk about the asylum-seeking families.
And when I havenâ€™t been tweeting incessantly, Iâ€™ve been living my life as usual.
There was last weekâ€™s 24 hours in DC for an event at MM.LaFleur. A ton of Rho Pharma meetings. Getting back in the writing groove (for good, I hope). Spending lots of time with Rho and hugging him every chance I can.
Which is exactly what Iâ€™ll be doing this weekend, when Iâ€™m not gathering supplies to donate or stress-crocheting preemie hats for this charity.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
If you feel inclined, I recommend donating via this link – your donation will be split among 12 incredible organizations working to reunite families.
- In happy news, these Iranian soccer fans were finally able to see their team play live. And why wouldn’t they? The team is dreamy.
- My brain feels permanently foggy. I loved these tips on getting rid of brain fog from Grace.
- Iâ€™m kind of obsessed with Talbots right now. They just launched their Summer Book Club, with some amazing book recommendations AND a lending library in every store. Bring an old favorite book to swap, and pick up some summer essentials while youâ€™re at it. Iâ€™m loving their scallop hem shorts, this linen tunic, these espadrilles, and this woven bag.
- Oceanâ€™s 8 was fantastic. What I barely noticed? The food. This is why that matters.
- I never had any desire to go on a cattle drive – until I read this post.
- Iâ€™m hosting a little birthday/Independence Day party. While The Culinistas have the menu handled, Iâ€™m getting my home ready with this beverage tub, some pretty cocktail napkinsÂ and matching plates, and lights to decorate our outdoor space. And Iâ€™m very tempted to get this karaoke machine. Early birthday present?
In case you missed themâ€¦
- It may be the best pasta sauce youâ€™ll ever make.
- What Iâ€™m loving and splurging on this summer.
- Packing this caftan for all my summer trips.
- How the head of Rihannaâ€™s foundation packs and travels.
- Need to overhaul your health? This book is the perfect place to start.
- I shared my beach bag essentials with SwearBy.
- My father is my mentor, my best friend, and even my roommate. I shared our story on Heymama in honor of Father’s Day
Have a peaceful, impactful weekend!