These past two weeks. Damn.
I haven’t been able to read, think, and talk about the asylum-seeking families.
And when I haven’t been tweeting incessantly, I’ve been living my life as usual.
There was last week’s 24 hours in DC for an event at MM.LaFleur. A ton of Rho Pharma meetings. Getting back in the writing groove (for good, I hope). Spending lots of time with Rho and hugging him every chance I can.
Which is exactly what I’ll be doing this weekend, when I’m not gathering supplies to donate or stress-crocheting preemie hats for this charity.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
If you feel inclined, I recommend donating via this link – your donation will be split among 12 incredible organizations working to reunite families.
- In happy news, these Iranian soccer fans were finally able to see their team play live. And why wouldn’t they? The team is dreamy.
- My brain feels permanently foggy. I loved these tips on getting rid of brain fog from Grace.
- I’m kind of obsessed with Talbots right now. They just launched their Summer Book Club, with some amazing book recommendations AND a lending library in every store. Bring an old favorite book to swap, and pick up some summer essentials while you’re at it. I’m loving their scallop hem shorts, this linen tunic, these espadrilles, and this woven bag.
- Ocean’s 8 was fantastic. What I barely noticed? The food. This is why that matters.
- I never had any desire to go on a cattle drive – until I read this post.
- I’m hosting a little birthday/Independence Day party. While The Culinistas have the menu handled, I’m getting my home ready with this beverage tub, some pretty cocktail napkins and matching plates, and lights to decorate our outdoor space. And I’m very tempted to get this karaoke machine. Early birthday present?
In case you missed them…
- It may be the best pasta sauce you’ll ever make.
- What I’m loving and splurging on this summer.
- Packing this caftan for all my summer trips.
- How the head of Rihanna’s foundation packs and travels.
- Need to overhaul your health? This book is the perfect place to start.
- I shared my beach bag essentials with SwearBy.
- My father is my mentor, my best friend, and even my roommate. I shared our story on Heymama in honor of Father’s Day
Have a peaceful, impactful weekend!