I’m not a good gift giver.
Truth be told, it’s a lot why I started NO.GIFTS – giving back in one’s name is a safe bet. It also helps make the world a better place, so there’s that…
And while I’m happy for my loved ones to donate to Sundara or Magic Bus in my name, I do love a thoughtful gift here and there. I don’t think I’m particularly difficult to shop for, but my family would argue otherwise.
My husband has been particularly exasperated with my “oh, surprise me!” answer to “what do you want for Mother’s Day?”
Hintd makes it easy to discover and curate what you want – whether it’s a dinner on an upcoming vacation or gifts for an upcoming holiday. You can add your specific items with a simple link, or add items from other lists to your own.
It’s simple. It’s fast. And it’sÂ enjoyable.Â A little too enjoyable, maybe.
It’s also the perfect way to shop and request Mother’s Day gifts.
I’ve created my own Hintd list with gifts perfect for all mothers (from the expecting to the empty nesters) that range from specific items to experiences you can share together.
And, of course, a few items I wouldn’t mind receiving this Sunday.
A few of my favorites are:
- Pack Up & GoÂ – time shared together is the most precious gift you can give. Pack Up & Go creates a perfect surprise itinerary based on your budget, location and desired travel distance, and preferences. You’ll get a packing list and an envelope that lists where to be at what time. Once you get there, you open the envelope to discover where you’re going.
- Venus et Fleur – I have a decidedly black thumb, which is why I’m not-so-subtly asking for a small arrangement of these preserved roses for Mother’s Day. I love having fresh flowers on my workspace (#instaclichÃ©), but hate how quickly they die. Venus et Fleur is the best of both worlds.
- Book Of The Month subscription – you are well aware of my love for BOTM. If you (or your mom) loves to read, this gift is literally the one that keeps on giving.
- MM.LaFleur jewelry – my husband gifts me a piece of MM.LaFleur jewelry for Christmas every year, and I’ll purchase an item to celebrate big milestones (like these earrings when my book was released!). The designs are timeless and the quality is superb. Hint – purchase two items of the same design for a #twinning moment.
- A selfie stick – I include one in every baby shower gift I give (along with a prenatal massage certificate). Most of the pictures I have with Rho are ones I’ve taken myself, and are often blurry or at a bad angle. I got this selfie stickÂ in a gift bag, and started using it on myself and my son. And while they’re not nearly as good as a professional (or someone who can wield an iPhone camera properly), they’re far better than my selfie attempts.
You can find all these gifts (and more!) on my Hintd list. I encourage you to sign up for an account and create a wish list for yourself.
And share it when your own special day is coming up.
What is the best gift you’ve ever received? For me, it’s the s’more machine my husband surprised me with for Christmas in 2014. Best. Gift. Ever. (Besides Rho).
image via Fashionable Hostess
This post is NOT sponsored by Hintd. I just really love the website, and thought you would as well.