I must confess – IÂ hateÂ silence.
I crave background noise.
The traffic outside my window? Â Great.
Neil deGrasse Tyson’s velvety voice educating me about space? Â Amazing.
“Let It Go” played in a continuous loop? Â Admit it – you do the same thing.
I’ve been especially impressed with my go-to podcasts, playlists, and online radio stations. Â Some are new discoveries, some are old favorites.
All are pureÂ ear candy. Â And, for the most part, FREE.
Sharing is caring. Â Here are the lovely sounds comingÂ from my Jambox…
- Star Talk – I love space. Â I love Neil deGrasse Tyson. Â “Love” is too weak a description for how I feel about Star Talk. Â Unhealthy obsession is a start. Â I know I mentioned this podcast here, but it needs to be highlighted again – it’sÂ thatÂ good. Â Cosmic Queries are my favorite episodes – Dr. Tyson pairs up with a comedian to select and ask questions on a specific topic. Â Zombies, time travel, science fiction…nothing is off-limits. Â Everything is highly entertaining AND educational. Â And awesome.
Favorite episodes – A COSMOS Conversation with Steven Soter, Cosmic Queries: Viruses, Outbreaks, and Pandemics, Space Chronicles
- Lady Business Radio – I feel like Jessica Kupferman is a long-lost friend. Â You will too. Â I think she’s an outstanding interviewer who captures her co-hosts business and personal lives seamlessly. Â Jessica’s podcast kept me company as I unpacked my new apartment, drove through New Jersey for meetings, and briskly walked through chilly New York. Â Basically, it’s been on repeatÂ constantly.
Favorite episodes – Selena Soo, Melissa Cassera, Liz DiAlto
- A Cast Of Kings – Game Of Thrones addicts – this is a MUST LISTEN. Â One host hasn’t read any of the books – the other has. Â Together, they recap the episodes, debate the storyline between show and book, discuss the music selection for the scenes, and generally be awesome. Â Warning – watch the episode before listening to the podcast. Â SPOILER ALERTS.
Favorite episodes – The Lion and the Rose, Season 4 Preview
- The Lively Show – I had the great pleasure to meet Jess at an event last year, and I’ve been a fan of her podcast since its launch. Â Like the aforementioned Jessica (total coincidence, by the way), she’s an excellent interviewer who asks poignant and interesting questions from each of her co-hosts, but withÂ a focus on an intention-filled life. Â Fellow bloggers should definitely give this one a listen – Jess gets top bloggers to share their best advice.
Favorite episodes – Liz Schneider, Grace Bonney, Danielle Moss
Playlists & Stations
- 90’s Pop (Pandora) – Every. Song. Rocks. Â What more do you need to know?
- Boy Bands and Pop Tarts (Spotify) – Beware of listening to this one in public. Â I can’t help but sing and dance around to itÂ constantly.
- Film Scores (Pandora) – the only approved playlist by my husband suitable for the home office sans headphones
- Victoria’s 90’s Favorites (Spotify) – If you need an offline version of the first Pandora station listed, this is your jam.
- French CafÃ© (Pandora) – perfect for cooking dinner, entertaining, or indulging in an “I wish I were in Paris!” yearning. Â Pair with macarons and a glass of champagne.