I made kimchi cauliflower fried rice once (sometimes twice) a week last summer. Damn you, Gwyneth.
It was delicious, and satisfying, and healthy. It also made a huge mess and required frequent trips to the grocery store.
Thankfully, frozen riced cauliflower became easy to find. And I got reacquainted with the frozen mixed vegetable bags that my mother always has on hand.
And kimchi? Well, it’s been a constant staple in our fridge since last summer.
This express version of Gwyneth’s original recipe has become my favorite meal to whip up after traveling (the kimchi goes a long way in rebalancing your system). It’s also become a solid backup meal, given that we always have the ingredients on hand.
And while it’s not quite as good as the original, it’s pretty damn close.
- 3 cups (or 1 packet) of frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup of kimchi
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha
- High-temperature cooking oil
- Cook cauliflower (in a large nonstick skillet) and vegetables according to package instructions.
- While vegetables are cooking, finely chop the kimchi and set aside
- Add vegetables to cauliflower and increase heat to medium-high. Drizzle oil on top and mix together.
- Add kimchi and Sriracha and mix until well combined. Make a space in the pan and drizzle some more oil. Crack both eggs in the oil, and cover the pan until eggs are cooked.
- Remove and plate the fried rice, topping with a fried egg.