I love kimchi.
But I’m getting a little tired of my go-to recipe with it. As is my husband. And my father.
And we hit a point where we had 3 jars of kimchi sitting unopened in our fridge, out of habit during our weekly grocery haul.
Thankfully, we also always have black beans and tortillas. And all the vegan queso fixings.
And a Purple Carrot membership. This was one of the best meals they delivered us, and it’s become our new go-to kimchi dish.
It’s satisfying. It’s balancing.
And oh, is it delicious.
The spicy kimchi complements the slightly salty beans and the creamy vegan queso beautifully. Add in the slight crunch from the pan-fried tortilla, and you have our dinner once a week.
We love it. I hope you will too.
- Tortillas (I love Siete Foods Almond Flour tortillas)
- 1 can of black beans, cooked and mashed (or 1 can of refried black beans)
- Vegan queso
- 1/2 cup of kimchi, chopped finely
- Heat a pan over medium heat (I use my crepe pan for perfectly cooked quesadillas)
- Spread a thin layer of queso on one half of a tortilla.
- Spread a thin layer of black beans on the other half, and sprinkle kimchi on top.
- Fold the queso side of the tortilla on top of the bean half.
- Place in pan and cook until the tortilla is golden. Flip the tortilla and cook on the other side.
- Slice into thirds and serve.