I was a very picky eater as a kid.
My lunchbox would come home mostly full. My sandwich would be untouched, my crackers slightly nibbled on, and my fruit completely ignored.
The one thing that I would always eat, come hell or high water? A pudding cup. Chocolate, specifically.
I can’t help but feel nostalgic when I think about those little cups of chocolate pudding. I can still remember the thrill that accompanies the first bite – the silky texture of the pudding, the immediate buzz from the sugar.
Now, I also think about how wasteful those plastic cups are, the terrifying ingredient lists, and the insane amount of sugar in each serving.
But I still love chocolate pudding. And Daily Harvest has given me a healthier option to enjoy it.
I like to zhush their cacao avocado smoothie with some extra ingredients and two extra steps to give it the creamy, airy texture of pudding. We almost always have a few servings chilling in the fridge – except when they’ve all been eaten.
It’s that good.
- 1 Daily Harvest Cacao + Avocado cup
- Coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- Fill cup with coconut milk until 2/3 full.
- Dump cup contents in a blender container, along with stevia and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Pour contents into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until smooth.
- Pour into individual bowls and chill for at least 24 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!