Autumn, you beautiful, wonderful season. I’m so thrilled you’re here.
For me, this weather is perfect – cold enough to start wearing layers, and still pleasant for walking absolutely everywhere. Apple cider is widely available (I’ve always been a cider gal over a pumpkin flavored drink), and I get to spend most Sundays screaming at the TV like a hooligan.
Besides spending as much time outside as possible, I’m spending this week writing like a madwoman, visiting with my mother (who’s been in India for 3 months!), and heading to New Orleans this weekend for three days of intense eating, networking, and…well, eating. Because what else does a pregnant lady do in New Orleans? Bring on the gumbo and pralines!
And for you, dear readers, I’ll bring on the links:
- Ebola has dominated the news for the past few weeks. While you should be more diligent while traveling (sanitizing your surfaces on airplanes, washing your hands more often), there’s no need to worry about the disease being a weapon.
- A heartwarming story on how Siri became the best friend of a boy with autism.
- Bling with a cause – 100% of the proceeds from BaubleBar’s latest Guest Bartender’s collection will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Megan’s story is an inspiring one.
- 293 thoughts a Gilmore girls newbie had while watching the show for the first time.
- Rarely has a negative book review made me want to read the book even more. Note – it’s FANTASTIC.
- It’s never too early to think about holiday gifts, and I absolutely LOVE Cuyana‘s just-launched Give A Hint program. It is exactly how it sounds – you “hint” the items you’d love from the company and send them to your loved ones. Now, what to pick…
- How Narie Foster made the jump from management consulting to co-founding and heading up operations at MM LaFleur.
- Don’t forget to enter the Hudson+Bleecker giveaway! We’re offering up 3 prizes in gorgeous calf hair, python, and glitter that resembles crushed diamonds (think Elizabeth Taylor sparkle, versus a Martha Stewart craft project).