Autumn, you beautiful, wonderfulÂ season. Â I’m so thrilled you’re here.
For me, this weather is perfect – cold enough to start wearing layers, and still pleasant for walking absolutely everywhere. Â Apple cider is widely available (I’ve always been a cider gal over aÂ pumpkin flavored drink), and I get to spend most Sundays screaming at the TV like a hooligan.
Besides spending as much time outside as possible, I’m spending this week writingÂ like a madwoman, visiting with my mother (who’s been in India for 3 months!), and heading to New Orleans this weekend for three days of intense eating, networking, and…well, eating. Â Because what else does a pregnant lady do in New Orleans? Â Bring on the gumbo and pralines!
And for you, dear readers, I’ll bring on the links:
- Ebola has dominated the news for the past few weeks. Â While you should be more diligent while traveling (sanitizingÂ your surfaces on airplanes, washing your hands more often), there’s no need to worry about the disease being a weapon.
- A heartwarming story on how Siri became the best friend of a boy with autism.
- Bling with a cause – 100% of the proceeds from BaubleBar’s latest Guest Bartender’s collection will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Megan’s story is an inspiring one.
- 293 thoughts a Gilmore girls newbie had while watching the show for the first time.
- Rarely has a negative book review made me want to read the book even more. Â Note – it’s FANTASTIC.
- It’s never too early to think about holiday gifts, and I absolutely LOVE Cuyana‘s just-launchedÂ Give A Hint program. Â It is exactly how it sounds – you “hint” the items you’d love from the company and send them to your loved ones. Â Now,Â what to pick…
- How Narie Foster made the jump from management consulting to co-founding and heading upÂ operations at MM LaFleur.
- Don’t forget to enter the Hudson+Bleecker giveaway! Â We’re offering up 3 prizes in gorgeousÂ calf hair, python, and glitterÂ that resembles crushed diamonds (think Elizabeth Taylor sparkle, versus a Martha Stewart craft project).