I love the start of a new year. 2013 was a banner year, truly. I had one of my best years in my career, my marriage grew stronger, my approach to friendships changed (for the better), and we traveled to a number of new places.
I can only hope 2014 will be half as good as 2013 was.
In kicking off the new year, here are some of my favorite links from the past couple of weeks:
- This story on a NFL cheerleader-turned-solider is one of the most heartwarming I’ve read. The fact that she cheered on my favorite team is a bonus.
- I had a lazy holiday break, which felt so necessary and needed. I watched the entire series of Chuck on Netflix (LOVE Zachary Levi) and plowed through the Divergent series. What did you do over the break?
- Grace’s post on body image is a must read. I’m guilty of self-shaming my own figure, and it’s one thing I want to change in the new year.
- My husband and I gave each other a $50 limit on Christmas gifts this year. In addition to a few items from ThinkGeek, I also donated to this great sock company on Kickstarter in his name. Here’s hoping Proper Socks comes out with a women’s line soon!
- A fantastic read on the spread of good ideas was my favorite New Yorker piece this year.
- Newly added to my Feedly is The New Potato – think Into The Gloss for foodies. Pour a mug of tea and curl up with this fantastic website.
Hope you had a wonderful start to the new year!