This week was incredible.
In some ways, it was a week like any other. I hunkered down and got a lot of work done, spent quite a bit of time with my family, and my attempts to sleep 7 hours a night was successful.
But it had its extraordinary moments as well. Namely, seeing Hillary Clinton and hearing her speak at The Wing on Tuesday night.
I’ll spare you all the feelings (you can read more here), but hearing her speak on Tuesday night recharged me like no other. I thought I would be sad or wishing the election had a different outcome (I still do, for the record). But I left the room inspired, motivated, and ready to roll up my sleeves and do the work for a better America.
It’s going to be a lot of work. It is. But I’m ready to do it, and I hope you are too.
Some other highlights of the week – shooting a project for CALIA with my mother, getting a first look at Nomad Lane’s new carry-on bag (spoiler alert – it’s incredible), and chopping my hair. My husband and I are going to the ballet tonight (Anna Karenina, performed by the Eifman company – my Russophile heart is so happy). I have a dear friend’s baby shower tomorrow, and I fly out to San Francisco on Monday.
Always on the go. That’s me.
- A big thanks to Katya for sharing this episode of TED Radio Hour with me. I ended up watching all the TED Talks featured in it, and have been more proactive about disconnecting. Watching the Norwegian slow TV and crocheting sounds boring, but it’s done wonders for helping me recharge.
- I’m an unabashed fan of The Fashion Magpie. Jen’s prose and taste are impeccable, and I find myself buying many of the things she recommends. In this post, she introduced me to some new-to-me blogs that I can’t stop binge reading. One is Claire Willett, and her love letter to New York is just beautiful.
- I’m all about the new new from Gucci – which looks vintage vintage. But real vintage is better, and I think this, this or this would be the perfect addition to my bag collection.
- This excerpt from Cecile Richards’ memoir is riveting. I just started listening to it on Thursday, and have been literally LOLing in public.
- I’m getting the itch to revamp my home office, and Meg has sold me on a standing desk. I have my eye on this one and this one.
- Filed under things-I-want-to-buy-but-I’m-trying-to-be-good: this matching top/pants in raisin (you know how I love a monochromatic look), this budget-friendly option of the Staud bag that everyone has, these sheets and this book (damn you, Gwyneth). What I actually bought? This countertop shelf, which has improved the quality of my cooking life. Thanks for recommending it, Jen!
In case you missed it…
- Yet another comfort food recipe you’ll find me whipping up.
- It can destroy your productivity and energy. Here’s how I manage it.
- April showers…
- What a perfect day in San Francisco looks like, according to Confetti Kitchen’s founder
Did you know I have a newsletter? I do – the next one goes out tomorrow. Every week, I alternate between one random thing that I love, and one news topic (and the links you should read) that’s on my mind. It’s brand-new content that I love writing, and I hope you’ll love reading as well. If that sounds up your alley, scroll down and sign up. I would love to know what you think.
Have a wonderful weekend!