I’m in a really good groove right now. Which means one thing – it’s all about to blow up in my face.
Inspired by Janna, I designed a weekly schedule that’s made a world of difference for me. Mondays are for creating – no calls, no meetings, and no reason to put on makeup or style my hair. Tuesdays and Thursdays are for taking meetings, networking, and catching up with friends. I reserve Wednesday mornings for creative consumption – catch up on all my saved articles on Instapaper, browse Pinterest and flip through magazines and books – and buckle down to work on Wednesday afternoon. Friday mornings are my time with Rho, and the afternoons are for administrative work and catching up on emails.
Similarly to Janna, this is my schedule about 75% of the time. It certainly wasn’t the case this week, and that’s okay.
I’ll just do better with enforcing it next week.
It was a hell of a productive week, though. I went to a few press previews (Factory PR, Moderne Press, and Mariposa), went to a salon held by NewsPicks, caught up with my friend Darrah, and got a ton of work done.
We’re headed home to Pennsylvania this weekend. A Taco Bell visit will definitely be in order.
Come Monday, we do it all again.
- Regina Anderson is my current history obsession.
- Feeling all the feelings as I read Grace’s post. For as much as I feel envious about what I see on social, I’m probably equally guilty of causing so much guilt. This post sums it up beautifully. Bonus – she just launched a fantastic podcast. Download, listen, subscribe, and share it. Congrats, Grace!
- Random Amazon purchases that I’m currently obsessed with – this shampoo brush, this hair removal device, and this foot cream. And after our incredible hammam treatment at Glenmere, I bought this Turkish exfoliating mitt and black soap to replicate the experience at home.
- Have you been reading Glamour x Lenny Letter’s serialized novel? I can’t get enough of it. Catch up with Part I, Part II, and Part III. If it strikes your fancy, you’ll definitely enjoy Nicolle Wallace’s Hundred Acres trilogy.
- Bookmarked all the documentaries that Krystal recommended.
- I’m headed to San Francisco the week after next, and have already written up my packing list. I’m planning on bringing this dress, my favorite cardigan, and this tracksuit for the flight there and back. What I’m packing it all in? My AWAY suitcase, naturally.
In case you missed it…
- There’s a good chance that there’s a bowl of this in my fridge. And an even better chance that it’s nearly finished.
- My entire skincare routine (plus what I look like without any makeup on).
- The workout outfit I keep reaching for.
- This expat’s advice will change your view on lines while you’re traveling
- Could not, would not put down this book.
- I shared my experience and advice on writing a book on Katherine Schwarzenegger’s smart site.
Have a wonderful weekend!