I’m on vacation!
Rho is with his grandparents right now, and Sri and I escaped for a little getaway. My only plans this weekend – sleep, spa, eat, and read (in addition to my Kindle, I brought physical copies of this, this, and this).
At the top of the agenda? Staying off my phone.
This week was more of the same – lots of meetings, lots of hours spent in front of the computer, and a good amount of cooking (from this cookbook, specifically). I also checked out the Rachel Roy preview, caught the Knicks against the Mavericks, worked out of The Wing’s new DUMBO location (um, stunning), and caught up with two girlfriends.
It was a good week. And an even better weekend.
- The only television I seem to be watching are shows led by smart, real women. Jane The Virgin is my current go-to when I’m doing dishes, putting away laundry, or stretching at the end of the day. Here’s why.
- This post from my dear friend Meghan is filled with wisdom. And actionable, too.
- MANGO has so many incredible options right now. I’m lusting after this coat, this bag (also this one!), and this sweatshirt. What I may actually buy? Their long dresses – this one and this one, specifically.
- This in-depth interview with Senator Kamala Harris was surprising – in a good way. It’s heartening to see colleagues compliment each other, despite being on opposite sides of the political aisle.
- Jenn’s sharing such incredible advice and recommendations (including the greatest bra ever) in this post. A belated happy birthday, Jenn!
- Another retailer killing it? Nasty Gal. Wear your values with this t-shirt and this one. This dress is very Missoni-esque, while this one feels very Versace to me. I can’t stop thinking about this blazer, and pairing it with this dress. What did I actually buy? A new denim jacket and a faux sterling coat. I own and love this moto jacket (see it here and here), and I can’t make up my mind between the navy or the hunter green tracksuit.
- I did a fun interview with Rebecca Allen, covering my favorite NYC spots, how I unwind, and how I get things done.
In case you missed it…
- My current post-workout fuel.
- A day in the life…and the bag that carried me through it all.
- An easy date night look…
- …one that I definitely packed this weekend.
- Calling it now – this is one of the best books I’ll read this year.