What a week!
I shared why this week is so significant for me here, and this year has been no exception. Things are moving full steam ahead at work, and it feels great.
But more importantly, I haven’t felt this personally fulfilled in a very, very long time.
I took my first Bharathanatyam class in 20 years on Tuesday night, and I still haven’t stopped smiling. Dancing was a huge part of my childhood – classes on Sundays, training for my arangatram (graduation recital) when I was 13, and the joy I felt performing.
I didn’t know how much I missed it.
Some other highlights of the week – getting in my training runs for Broad Street, International Women’s Day events with west elm, Elizabeth Arden, and Old Navy, an overdue girls’ night with some of my favorite women, and a little birthday party for Rho at his preschool.
The celebrations continue this weekend with a little family party on Sunday. I’m baking him a Funfetti cake, we’re ordering pizza and opening a few bottles of champagne, and enjoying some hardcore family time.
I, for one, am pumped.
- Frances McDormand’s Oscar speech had me Googling ‘inclusion rider.’ Anyone else?
- Two excellent beauty posts – the correct order to apply your skincare products, and how to revive second day hair. My trick for the latter – spray dry shampoo BEFORE a workout. This one is my favorite.
- On my wish list – this petite bag, this gorgeous cuff, and this pajama set. What I actually need – new sports bras.
- A timely read for Women’s History Month.
- I loved this interview with my friend Aditi. Her podcast is excellent – give it a listen!
- Resisting the urge to buy all the shirts from this Etsy shop. The NASA, News Junkie, and Sunday Funday shirts are my favorites. And this one would be perfect for brunch after the Broad Street Run.
In case you missed it…
- It’s my childhood nickname and ultimate comfort food.
- 10 things I discovered (and loved!)
- Say it with me – fanny pack.
- This social entrepreneur never checks a bag. Here’s how.
- The productivity book you’ve been waiting for.
Have a wonderful weekend!