Stay-at-home moms are my heroes. I truly don’t know how they do it.
This week was challenging. My husband had to fly out Tuesday night for a work trip, and both Rho and my nanny were both sick. I got a taste of what SAHM life is like, and I would like to send them all the wine, all the cheese, and all the love and respect in the world. It’s the hardest job. Period.
On deck this weekend – catching up on work, our nephew’s second birthday party, and hoping to make it to the Women’s March (at the very least, this after party).
And Monday, it starts over again…
- Ellen Pompeo’s story has been widely shared around the Internet, but have you heard the news about New Zealand’s prime minister? It’s inspiring to see these women – doing the things that many women do, in negotiating their salary and having children – do it at the highest levels, and with such candor and authenticity.
- Hangover soup? Sign. Me. Up. This lentil soup is also on my ‘to cook’ list.
- I have my eye on this set from BURU, marble sweatshirt and sweatpants from Topshop (on sale!), and this darling mug.
- Something else I’m planning to do this weekend? Take myself to a movie – to Proud Mary, specifically. This is why.
- I’ve known Kat for 6 years, and it’s been wonderful to see how happy she is in LA. This post was so reflective, honest, and lovely.
- Things I love that are on sale – the Dagne Dover Simone bag (full review here), my favorite jeans (just $25!), and these faux fur blankets (which we own way too many of, but I don’t care).
- How a rockstar PR executive plans her week (which goes hand-in-hand on how I plan my day).
- You’ve seen it before. I still love it.
- How to spend a perfect day in Maui.
- I laughed. I cried. This book was better than CATS.