…and we’re back!
As wonderful as our holiday break (and vacation!) was, I’m so happy to be back home.
Back to work.
Back to my regular life.
Back to this series.
This week was really well balanced – I got a lot done, but also was more mindful about recharging in meaningful ways. I’ve been leaving my phone in another room when I’m with my family, which has made that quality time even more sweeter. I also took up crochet last year and have been making 2-3 of these baby hats when I feel the itch to scroll Instagram. I love that my new hobby also gives back.
The main focus this week was our team offsite for Rho Pharma (and my first one as CEO!). But I also finalized our latest angel investment, had dinner with the team at Beyond Capital, and kicked off the new year with the Heymama team and my fellow NYC ambassadors.
It was a good week. But I’m ready to hide my phone and computer this weekend, do this puzzle with Rho repeatedly, and crochet a baby hat or two.
And sleep. Definitely sleep.
- Loved the Ashlee Simpson show? You’re not alone.
- Krystal eloquently wrote my exact feelings on Natalie Portman at the Globes.
- I did a little damage on The Outnet this week – I picked up this sweater, this tunic, and this blouse. All of them fit perfectly, and I’ll be wearing them all winter and through spring.
- This interview with Serena Williams is EVERYTHING.
- There’s so much wellness content floating around the Internet. The ones worth reading? Grace’s Winter Wellness Challenge is outstanding, as is Jess Kirby’s.
- The sherpa pullover is having a MOMENT. This J.Crew one has been the most widely shared one so far, but I also like this cream pullover from Madewell, this plaid one, and this updated hoodie from North Face. The one I actually bought? This monogrammed one.
- I guarantee you the ingredients for the perfect grilled cheese (that aren’t bread and cheese) in your fridge right now.
- Finally shared how I set up my notebook, and how it’s improved my life all around.
- The sweatshirt I can’t-stop-won’t-stop wearing.
- How to survive long flights – with toddlers.
- There’s no better book to read early in the new year.
In case you missed it, I talked all about investing, my favorite moments in the day, and shoes with Taryn Rose.
Have a wonderful weekend!