When Johnny Jet interviewed me for his Travel Style series (a MAJOR highlight), I struggled with answering the question of “what’s my least favorite country?” Frankfurt is certainly my least favorite city in this planet, and by Monday evening I was willing to write off the entire nation of Germany after a particularly harrowing day.
Never underestimate the powers of a scented candle, classical music, and a guided meditation. It resulted in a great sleep and one of my most productive and fulfilling days – in my career. Frankfurt, you’re growing on me.
After blazing through countless meetings this week, my family and I are headed to Italian wine country for a weekend full of rest, a cooking class, and lots of prosecco guzzling. There are no words or emojis to explain how thrilled I am about this vacation, as brief as it is. And since our rented apartment will be equipped with WiFi, you can bet that I’ll be posting to Instagram regularly. If bubbly, homemade Italian food, and Italian villas are your jam, give me a follow. You won’t be disappointed.
Per tradition, here are the reads that are making my week:
- Victoria shared this excellent article on the rising cost of cancer drugs, which I found to be a compelling read. Treating cancer can bankrupt a family, which is why I’m so committed the products we develop and my involvement with the Tigerlily Foundation. #chemoforall
- I create a new pump up playlist annually, in advance for CPhI (the conference I’m at right now). I’m especially proud of this year’s volume. My father + Kanye’s “Black Skinhead” = classic Palepu moment.
- Felicia is toying with the idea of creating her own online food magazine, and all I can say is “GET IT GIRL!” She has an ardent cheerleader and a sporadic contributor in me, for sure.
- MM LaFleur opened the doors of its pop up boutique in SoHo this week! Give it a visit – I purchased three new dresses in advance of my business trip, and have gotten countless compliments on them! I donned my black Mae and charcoal Emma yesterday and the day before, and am wearing the dove Clara today.
- Raluca shared her excellent tips on goal setting and linked to this article expanding on her post. Both are well worth a read. My husband is a great goal maker and ever better at tracking them. I…well, I suck. I do plan to spend this weekend reflecting and doing some thoughtful goal setting this weekend. With a cappuccino in hand.
- A few more favorites from the blog world – Julia’s reflections on running a solo business, Hallie’s sleek new website, Roxy’s recap of the past few months, and Jess’ insightful post on the trend of entrepreneurship.
Talk to me – what are your small victories and highlights from this week so far? Any exciting weekend plans? Find any great articles or posts on the internet? SHARE THEM HERE – I read (and often respond!) to all the comments. I can’t wait to hear what’s new in your life.