Calling this a recipe seems a little…much.
But hey. It’s Monday, and we all need something delicious to start the week. This breakfast bowl is that something.
The Spuds Deluxe from Snooze was one of my favorite meals in Colorado. When you combine hash browns, fried eggs, and cheese (all the cheese), it’s just magical.
I vowed to re-create it when I got home.
Most of this recipe calls for heating up various foods, and cooking a crispy egg on the stovetop. Throw in some chopped greens and a sprinkle of cheese, and you’re set.
If you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll whip up this breakfast bowl for myself.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup hash browns (I buy frozen ones)
- 1/3 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar
- Red chili flakes
- Hot sauce (Cholula is my favorite for this dish)
- Heat up hash browns and refried beans per instructions. I like to heat up the beans with a tablespoon of hot sauce.
- Cook a crispy fried egg, seasoning with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
- In a large bowl, plate the spinach, hash browns, and refried beans. Add the cheese and salsa. Top with the egg.