Is Mercury back in retrograde and I didn’t know it? Swear to Ganesh, I was ready for the weekend by MONDAY. This week took me to New Jersey yesterday, and Iowa City today (aaah, the glamorous places I visit). These trips are all for work (and great activity around work), so I can’t complain.
Other random things making my week – the chance to come home to my parents’ for a night (pizza & prosecco FTW), acquiring this beauty to reward myself for hitting certain milestones (#treatyoself), and getting in some serious writing that will be popping up here and here. I’m wrapping up the week with a blogger brunch with some new gal pals, and finally meeting one of my FIRST Twitter friends. I love the Internet.
Now for the links that I loved this week…
- I’ve been a major Marie Forleo fan since this spring (her B-School course was a HUGE help to my business, and life), and this week’s episode of MarieTV was one that came into my life at the right time. I can’t delve into specifics yet, but do yourself a favor and go watch it.
- The secret to success? Grit. I loved this TED Talk explaining the hypothesis.
- Grace epitomizes all things Glitter Girl. So thrilled that The Glitter Guide honored her with the title (and an amazing feature to boot!)
- I’m definitely employing Alton Brown’s amazing tips for a clean kitchen.
- Have you checked out the new 3FlOz? It’s AMAZING, with new product lines and scheduled orders. Best of all, you can shop the website in airport kiosks all over the United States! Bravo, Kate and Alexi.
- Who knew 2 and a half years was too long in NYC? That said, I have no intention of ever leaving New York City. Ever.
- Go VOTE for Julia in Intuit’s Small Business Big Game contest. She’s a huge inspiration to me, and I can’t wait to see where Lemon Stripes takes her (hint – it will be far).
And last but not least, a HUGE congratulations to my father for receiving the distinguished almunus award from his OTHER alma mater on Friday (he was honored by IIT with the same award earlier this year. Rockstar). That man is my role model, my mentor, and my best friend. Bonus – I snagged half his DNA.
Talk to me – what is making YOUR week this week? COMMENT below and share the good, the bad, and the ugly.