I’m sure you have your own overflowing to-do lists, filled with things like “drop off packages at UPS” and “prep meals for the week.”
Is “resurrect an old blog series” on yours as well?
This Week is, according to many of you, one of your favorite series on the blog. I originally nixed it in favor of my #readwithhitha newsletter, but I missed the weekly dialogue of sharing what I’m up to and what I’m reading.
Apparently you felt the same, based on this survey and some personal messages I’ve received. And with that, we’re back! And with some news…
This week was one of the most challenging ones I’ve ever had. I had a lot going on with work (investor meetings, a big shoot, preschool prep for Rho). I also was waiting to find out if I miscarried.
It turns out that I did.
I’m sharing the news here, the day of my D&C and two days after it was confirmed, because I want to. One – I’m terrible at holding any kind of news in. Two – because we do not talk about this enough.
I’m feeling all the feelings right now, and I’ll share them in another post when I can be coherent about it. But it feels good to just say it, get it out there, and continue healing.
I’m spending this weekend recovering physically and emotionally. I hope you have more exciting plans than your couch, your father’s home cooking, and binging on Madame Secretary.
- Thanks to Bradley, I know now the secret to perfectly roasted vegetables.
- This blouse and skirt combination is so chic. If you like a head-to-toe matching look, opt for this blouse instead.
- Can a former president be happy?
- How a mom (with THREE jobs) gets her work done at home – without childcare.
- A few new beauty favorites – this eyeliner, this peel, and this brush for applying said peel and masks.
- You may know her as Mark Zuckerburg’s wife. But she’s quietly making the world a better place, in a big way.
Posts you may have missed:
- Some of you loved this post. Some of you hated it. I heard your feedback – and made a little statement of my own.
- What I wore in Santorini.
- #HowToPack for two weeks in Greece. In a carry-on.
- Everlane’s new denim meets the hype – and then some.
- I loved this novel.
Have a wonderful weekend!