My 2010 summer to-do list was overly ambitious – I think the only items I managed to do were to purchase my wedding outfits and drive my father’s convertible. Pathetic.
No excuses this year. Here’s what I plan on doing this summer:
1. Use our overpriced Veuve Clicquot picnic blanket at least twice – July 4th fireworks at Chelsea Piers, Shakespeare In The Park*, HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival*, picnics on the West Side Highway and Central Park…the city is ripe with possibilities.
2. Host friends on our rooftop for an al fresco dinner* (in addition to the rooftop fiesta we’re hosting for my birthday).
3. Golf more (my weekly lessons have helped me improve my game significantly).
4. Eat more vegetables Indulge in the season’s best produce – an excuse to finally join a CSA.
5. Go to the beach, at least once (our Panama vacation should take care of that).
6. Officially launch Portavi Company (this is more a life goal, but I do want to do it this summer).
7. Finish the Song Of Fire And Ice books (a perfect rainy day activity). I need something to curb my Game Of Thrones withdrawals.
8. Take a road trip – but nothing longer than five hours. I’ve never been to Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine.
9. Go canoeing in Boat Basin in Central Park* – one of those touristy New York items I’ve always wanted to do.
10. Go to a baseball game*. Even though the Phillies have seen better days, I still beLEEve.
Items with an asterisk (*) are either free or inexpensive – which, in my opinion, makes them all the more appealing.
What are you hoping to do this summer? Share in the comments below.