If you watch my Instagram Stories, you’ve seen these pancakes.
They’re a Sunday ritual in our home, along with staying in our pajamas all morning and watching Meet The Press.
These pancakes really are perfect. I’ve been playing around with Food52’s perfect pancake recipe to adapt it to our taste buds, and have found the magic combination of flour, butter, eggs, and cinnamon to welcome our Sundays with.
I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 stick butter
- Sift the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, add eggs, vanilla extract, and milk and beat at a high speed (an electric mixer works best). Add the dry ingredients and mix on the lowest speed until batter is smooth.
- Brown a tablespoon of butter in a hot skillet. Add pancakes using a dry ¼ cup measuring cup. Cook until you see bubbles start to form and the edges browning, and flip the pancakes. Cook for a few more minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
What do you whip up on Sundays for your family? COMMENT below and let me know!