To no one’s surprise, I’m back on the go come Thursday – Costa Rica for (a much needed) vacation, a few days in Philadelphia to celebrate our first (eek!) wedding anniversary and New Year’s Eve, and then off to India for work. I leave New York this week and won’t return until mid-January, so my 21″ DVF suitcase will be carrying quite the load. Below, I’ve shared some my packing tricks – they’re effective for one short trip, one long trip, or multiple trips.
– Make a list (the more detailed, the better). I first write out outfits for each day, and then specific clothing items –
– I fold all the clothes into neat piles, and pack the vacation clothes into my SpacePak (a must-have) –
– Fold clothes for other trips, and place into packing envelopes –
– For workouts on the go, I pack a jump rope, resistance band, and sneakers into this bag (with shoe pockets!) –
– Liquids are packed in a baggie, and all other items are nearly stowed in my ML Traveler –
Shoes are packed in the front pockets and in my O.M.G, and the envelopes are removed before I leave for vacation at home. I FedEx items back home as I’m done with them, and I try to wear each item at least twice.
What tricks do you use when packing for trips? Share in the comments below!