It’s a downright essential in our home. And one that we make weekly.
Ghee is stupidly simple to make. And while I appreciate the convenience of buying it at Whole Foods or other natural markets, it’s foolish to pay $10 for something that you can make at home with the butter you already own.
Bonus – your kitchen will smell so good in the process.
- 1 stick of butter (better quality butter = better ghee)
- Small saucepan (a ceramic one is best, so you can properly see the color of the ghee)
- Melt butter over medium heat, allowing the solids to separate from the butter. For a pale ghee, this should only be a couple of minutes. If you want a more golden ghee, simmer the butter for 5-8 minutes.
- Strain the butter to remove the fat solids into a clean glass container. Keep it at room temperature until solidified.
- You can store it at room temperature for up to a week, or in the refrigerator for up to a month.
CLICK HERE to save the recipe to Pinterest!