Two weeks sailing the Mediterranean was as incredible as it sounds. But coming home, being with my kid, and getting back in the kitchen is as necessary as the French fries and ice-cream I ate daily.
There are three recipes I rely on when I need to get back on track – my breakfast smoothie, kimchi cauliflower fried rice, and this soup. I first discovered it from Hannah Bronfman’s inspiring Instagram account (and subsequent video), but have zhushed it up a bit for my taste.
I’ll be enjoying this for lunch (with a salad or some quinoa added) all week, and doing my best to avoid Rho’s chicken nuggets.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 2 T ghee
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 5 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 bundle of asparagus chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 34 oz of vegetable broth
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat ghee in large pot or Dutch oven.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger. Sauté on medium heat until translucent.
- Add the broccoli and cook until softened. Add the celery, asparagus, and zucchini and cook until tender.
- Add broth plus enough water to cover vegetables completely. Add the turmeric, cayenne, and cumin.
- Simmer on low- medium heat until tiny bubbles begin to appear in surface of water. Continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend thoroughly, or let the soup cool fully and blend using the Vitamix. Blend the soup in four batches, adding a cup of spinach in each batch.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve!
Click here for more easy, delicious recipes!