Hello hello! We’re flying from Kuala Lumpur (and the wedding of the YEAR – congratulations to Usha and Sam) to Seoul. A few lessons learned from our vacation:
- Cellphones should not be left unattended ANYWHERE – especially when one is drinking gin and dancing like a crazy person at a wedding reception. RIP iPhone.
- There is such a thing as too much vacation. I think 10 days is our maximum.
- Malaysian food courts are the country’s best kept secret. The grittier, the better.
- Avoid “traditional treatments” at Malay massage parlors – unless you’re into “happy endings”. Also, they’re only for men. Sexist, no?
- I desperately need to get back in the gym.
- My husband is the absolute best travel (and life) partner. Ever.
- Off topic, but don’t forget to enter my Hudson+Bleecker giveaway!
I’m quite excited to return home, though I’m sure I’ll be missing the heat and deliciously spicy food of Asia soon enough. And with that, I’m sharing a few of my favorite pictures from our vacation.
Even though it doesn’t feel much like the holidays in the Malaysian heat and humidity, it’s definitely that time of the year here on the blog.
And I’m feeling particularly generous.
Today kicks off THREE weeks of giveaways of my favorite travel products. I never leave home without these babies, and I’m thrilled to be sharing them with you as well.
First up – the ultimate garment and shoe bags, by Hudson+Bleecker.
LOVE is an understatement on how I feel about these products. They’re equally roomy (I can fit 3 pairs of shoes inside a single shoe bag, and a week’s worth of business outfits in the garment bag) and stylish. Packing winners, in my book.
Hudson+Bleecker is generously gifting one lucky reader their choice of garment bag and shoe bag. All you have to do is enter using the widget below. Note – if you’re following me and H+B already on Twitter and Facebook, it still counts as an entry – just confirm it!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you can’t wait for the giveaway, you can snag your own Hudson+Bleecker products on their own website or Shopbop. Good luck!